Driver / Organics Slinger - $13/hr starting
We are seeking a part-time (approximately 30-35 hours/week) team member to drive and assist on our compost routes Tuesday through Friday all year round. The position involves working closely with a partner, driving a pickup truck and trailer, inputting data using a mobile app, dumping buckets, washing trucks, and swapping out full compost bins with clean ones. Each service day averages between 50 - 200 stops. The day begins promptly at 7am and can go as late as 5pm, so availability during these hours is an absolute must.
- You must have experience and be comfortable navigating through the greater Rochester area, in all conditions, while driving a 4x4 pickup truck with trailer.
- Be prompt, safe, professional, and carry a positive attitude.
- Be a team-player. You will be working with a partner in field every day.
- Have effective communication skills, be proactive, and have strong attention to detail.
- Have a basic ability to operate electronics including an Android phone.
- Be active and have stamina - the job requires hustle and can be physically demanding.
- Be comfortable getting wet and dirty - you are dealing with food waste year round - rain, sunshine or snow!
- You MUST have reliable transportation AND a valid driver's license.
- Understand the importance of composting.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
We maintain a smoke-free workplace.
It would be a huge bonus if you were excited about composting. Our business is a labor of love and we enjoy doing what we do. We are a small business with only a handful of employees. Our ideal candidate wants to grow with us and build their level of responsibility as we continue to expand.
To apply, please submit your resume, letter of interest and 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Field Operator/Organics Slinger".